Physical Therapy, also known as physiotherapy is a dynamic profession concerned with evaluation and rehabilitation of patient disabled by pain, disease, or injury and their treatment by physical therapeutic measure. The objective of the program is to produce group of highly competent physiotherapists to fulfill the increasing at national and international level.
Graduates of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program will:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the basic and clinical sciences relevant to physical therapy both; in their fundamental context and in their application to the discipline of physical therapy.
- Understand, correlate and apply theoretical foundations of knowledge to the practice of physical therapy; evaluate and clarify new or evolving theory relevant to physical therapy.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of the scholarly clinician by developing and utilizing the process of critical thinking and inquiry, particularly focused on the improvement of the practice of physical therapy and the delivery of health care.
- Engage in reflective practice through sound clinical decision making, critical self assessment and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate mastery of entry level professional clinical skills. Provision of these services is based on the best available evidence and includes physical therapy examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention, prevention activities, wellness initiatives and appropriate health care utilization.
- Be prepared to influence the development of human health care regulations and policies that are consistent with the needs of the patient and of the society.
- Demonstrate leadership, management, and communication skills to effectively participate in physical therapy practices and the health care team.
- Incorporate and demonstrate positive attitudes and behaviors towards everyone.
- Demonstrate professional and social skills to adopt to changing health care environments to effectively provide physical therapy care..
- KMU Admission Policy will be followed.
- Admission will be allowed purely on open merit.
- Both, male and female citizens of Pakistan and AJK, are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed F.Sc. (pre-Medical) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board with minimum of 60% marks.
- Merit for admission will be determined by Examination Test Weightage.
Marks obtained in F.Sc. or equivalent 5O%
Entry Test marks/ETEA 40%
Marks obtained in F.Sc. 10%
Note: Ten (10) marks will be deducted from the total score of F.Sc. (or equivalent) for each additional attempt.